We achieve our business objectives by helping you achieve yours. Our goal is to help increase your profitability by providing the necessary nutrients for optimum performance of beef cattle. Suga-Lik® Fully Fortified® Supplements for beef cattle are uniquely formulated to work in harmony with forage to ensure that your cattle receive proper year-round nutritional care.
All Suga-Lik® beef cattle supplements are Fully Fortified®. Each product has been designed based upon sound science and proven livestock nutrition research.
Suga-Lik® Fully Fortified® Supplements, chosen for the appropriate season, forage and stage of cattle production, provide at least 100% of all the essential nutrients your beef cows require. Suga-Lik® Fully-Fortified® supplements are all you need in order to provide the required supplemental nutrients cattle can not get from forage. A complete menu of Suga-Lik® Fully-Fortified® supplements from which to build your program is available. For more information please contact us.
The various formulations are designed to provide daily intakes ranging from approximately six (6) pounds per animal unit per day down to one (1) pound. Most Suga-Lik® supplements can be fed either in lick wheel feeders or open trough.
There’s a Suga-Lik® Fully-Fortified® Supplement for Every Need
- Grass Mate HD/16 (#500)
- This high density, Fully Fortified®,16% protein product is the top-choice winter supplement product for lactating beef cows of Southern cattlemen. It has a wide range of uses for cattle of all ages and stages of production. Mature cattle should consume 4-6 pounds per animal unit per day.
- Grass Mate HD/12 (#600)
- High density, Fully Fortified®, 12% protein product can be used for brood cows and suckling calves, weaned calves, bulls, replacement heifers and stocker cattle. This product is a great choice when energy intake is needed. Mature cattle should consume 4-6 pounds per animal unit per day.
- Grass Mate Mineral & Vitamin Supplement (#678)
- This Fully Fortified® product is ideal for pasture and range cows grazing perennial forages in Southeast. It is uniquely formulated to be fed free choice at the general rate of 1 pound per animal unit per day and to complement grass pastures for cattle not requiring supplemental energy or protein. It is cost effective and significantly more convenient and labor saving than traditional mineral supplements.
- Suga Max (#701)
- Suga Max is a Fully-Fortified® high energy supplement formulated for cattle on pastures possessing adequate protein. It contains no added protein source. Mature cattle may consume up to 4-6 pounds per animal unit per day, depending on conditions.
- Pasture Supplement 20 (#400) and Pasture Supplement 24 (#424)
- These Fully Fortified® supplements are similar and most cattlemen choose which to use based on preference for protein content (20% or 24%). These products can be formulated with the "HD" high-density concept. Mature cattle should consume 3-4 pounds per animal unit per day.
- Pasture Supplement HD/32 (#800) and 32 Pasture Supplement
“E-Z Flo” (#820)
- These 32% protein, Fully-Fortified® supplements can be used when a higher protein, lower consumption product is needed to help maintain mature, gestating beef cows’ body condition. One has the high density (HD) formulation, while the other is formulated for improved handling/pumping in colder weather. Mature cattle should consume 2-3 pounds per animal unit per day.
Specialty Use Suga-Lik® Supplements
- Suga-Lik® Slurry Products
- The term "slurry" refers to those liquid supplements that contain suspended feed ingredients, such as hydrolyzed feather meal - an excellent source of by-pass protein (also known as rumen escape protein [UIP]). These Fully Fortified® supplements are available in either 16% or 20% protein and can be used effectively to help achieve weight gain in cows, bulls, heifers, calves and stockers.
- Pasture Supplement 20 with Bovatec® (#401)
- This 20% protein supplement is manufactured utilizing an FDA approved formulation and is designed to be fed free choice in a lick wheel feeder.
- This Fully Fortified® specially formulated supplement provides all of the supplemental nutrients for cattle grazing on a thriving winter rye pasture.
- Balancer Supplements
- We can specially formulate a Suga-Lik® supplement you can use to effectively compliment nearly any commodity you might be using (Cottonseed, Soy Hulls, Citrus Pulp, Bakery Waste, etc.).
Customize Your Suga-Lik® Supplement with These Available Feed Additives
- Feed Fat (Choice Yellow Grease)
- Catfish Oil (Available only from U.S. Sugar)
- Altosid® IGR (horn fly control)
- Methionine Hydroxy Analog (by-pass methionine)
- Other additives may be available
What About Urea Toxicity?
Suga-Lik® supplements that contain urea pose virtually no threat for urea toxicity to your cattle. The urea is “buffered” through the use of other ingredients. The combination of these formulation features, the pH of the final feed, as well as the cattle themselves consuming small, frequent meals over the course of the day, effectively create a synchronized release of ammonia and energy to the rumen microbes.
Our staff will work with each customer on an individual basis to design a beef cattle nutrition program that meets specific needs. We are pleased to offer the opportunity to significantly improve your bottom line. Custom formulations are available. For more information or to set up a consultation with the Suga-Lik® technical staff, please call 1-800-940-7253 or click on the Contact Us button to send us an email message.