Suga-Lik® Supplements for dairy cattle are carefully formulated to meet the needs of your lactating and dry cows, as well as your calves and heifers. These supplements can be easily incorporated into a variety of existing feeding programs. All products are compatible for use in Total Mixed Rations (TMR’s). Some products may be fed in pasture conditions, either free choice or control-feeding.
General Product Descriptions
Each dairy farm’s product is custom formulated. Custom supplements are molasses-based. Molasses is mostly non-structural carbohydrate and is typically the most cost effective source of sugars.
Sugar cane molasses can help stimulate rumen microbial activity and fiber digestibility. It also improves total ration palatability and can effectively help prevent sorting and separation of fines.
Molasses is high in dry matter compared to fermented feedstuffs, such as silage and liquid fermentation by-products, such as wet brewer’s grains.
The following general, not all-inclusive, list of nutrients and additives may be selected from in order to build your dairy supplement product: protein (both DIP and UIP), by-pass methionine, fats and oils, macro-minerals, trace minerals (both inorganic and organic), vitamins, mold inhibitors, ionophores, propylene glycol, etc.
- Proteins / By-Pass Amino Acid
- Hydrolyzed Feather Meal – 79% crude protein
- 50% Urea Solution – 143% crude protein NPN source
- Methionine hydroxy analog, by-pass methionine
- Fat Product Feed Grade – a uniform blend of yellow grease
- Catfish Oil – pure, 100% catfish oil – unlike menhaden oil, this product has no offensive odor and is extremely palatable to both beef and dairy cows. It is proven in university research to increase feed intake, improve milk production and is not detrimental to butterfat content.
- Calcium Carbonate
- Phosphoric Acid – 25% phosphorus – The highest bioavailability and most economical source of any feed grade phosphorus source.
- Sodium Chloride – high purity
- Trace Minerals – Entirely water-soluble; there are several options available including sulfates (inorganic) and proteinates (organic).
- Vitamins A, D, & E in a high energy PEG-400 carrier and no rice hulls. Contains the following: 40,000,000 IU Vitamin A per pound; 10,880,000 IU Vitamin D3 per pound; 181,600 IU Vitamin E per pound.
- BOVATEC 20% liquid brand of lasalocid
- Ketosis Control/Treatment
- Propylene Glycol
- Propionic Acid
- Mold/Mycotoxin Control
- Ammonium Propionate mold inhibitor (75% propionic acid)
- KEMWET brand wetting agent prevents "lumps" in feed, and molasses and fat build-up on mixing equipment in cold weather.
- Horn Fly Control
- Altosid® IGR
Note: Other specialty ingredients may be available upon request. All products are of domestic origin and of the highest, most consistent quality available.
Our staff will work with each customer and/or consulting nutritionist or veterinarian on an individual basis, to design a dairy cattle feed program that meets specific needs. We are pleased to offer the opportunity to significantly improve your bottom line. Custom formulations are available. For more information or to set up a consultation with the Suga-Lik® technical staff, please call 1-800-940-7253 or or click on the Contact Us button to send us an email message.